Join Book Club on Wednesday, December 5th as we read Tara Westover’s unforgettable New York Times bestselling memoir Educated.
Born to survivalists in the mountains of Idaho, Tara Westover was seventeen the first time she set foot in a classroom. Her family was so isolated from mainstream society that there was no one to ensure the children received an education, and no one to intervene when one of Tara’s older brothers became violent. When another brother got himself into college, Tara decided to try a new kind of life. Her quest for knowledge transformed her, taking her over oceans and across continents, to Harvard and to Cambridge University. Only then would she wonder if she’d traveled too far, if there was still a way home.
Join Book Club for an evening of community and conversation as we read this “heartbreaking, heartwarming, best-in-years memoir.” Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP.
Previous selections for 2018 have included:
- January: Lord of the Flies by William Golding
- February: Call Me By Your Name by Andre Aciman
- April: A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L’Engle
- May: Sing, Unburied, Sing by Jesmyn Ward
- July: Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mendel
- September: We Were the Lucky Ones by Georgia Hunter (CLAS ’00)
- October: The Girl with All the Gifts by M.R. Carey